Friday Hacks #149, February 23
Posted on by Julius
Hi hackers, this week we have Parth Pokar from Maltem who would be talking about Blockchains!
Date/Time: Friday, February 23 at 6:30pm
Venue: The HANGAR by NUS Enterprise
Free pizza is served before the talks.
A Gentle Introduction to Blockchain
Session 1 (Overview): This session gives an intuition on how Blockchain works. After which we tend to discuss a lot of use cases of Blockchain, various startups around the globe working on interesting Blockchain based solutions, this helps to widen the scope and gives a lot of food for thought.
- Understanding Basics of Blockchain
- Bitcoin and ethereum
- Decentralized Autonomous Organization
- Initial Coin Offering – I.C.O
- Public vs Private and permissioned Blockchain
- Use-Cases in various industries.
Session 2 (Technical): In this session, we dive a bit more into how cryptography, mining etc. works. This helps budding developers to understand the potential of Blockchain and means to use it.
- Cryptography Fundamentals
- Asymmetric encryption with Public and Private Keys
- What is mining and how does it work?
- Distributed File System
- Architecture of Decentralized Application (DApp)
Parth Pokar is a lead Blockchain Consultant at Maltem’s Innovation Lab. In the past 2 years, Parth has delivered Blockchain projects in energy trading, assessment of digital assets and more. Parth brings in a good overview on the Blockchain technology and the challenges of The Smart Economy.
The HANGAR by NUS Enterprise — the campus hub for entrepreneurs.