Unity for Beginners
Posted on by Li Heng
Date/Time: Wednesday, 30 Aug 2023, 7:00pm–9:00pm
Venue: Seminar Room 11 @ COM3-01-20
Sign-up Link: Sign up here!
🥐 Light refreshments will be provided!
Unity is a free and beginner friendly game engine used for game development. Join NUS Hackers and NUS GDG at our workshop to learn the basics of Unity and game development by creating a 2D platformer game. Participants from all programming backgrounds are welcomed to join!
For a smooth workshop experience, please prepare the following items:
- A laptop with adequate storage space for live development
- A Unity ID (Register at https://id.unity.com/)
- Download and install Unity Hub https://unity.com/download
- Install Unity Editor Version 2022.3.7f1 (LTS) in Unity Hub
- (Optional) Select Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2022 during Editor installation (Visual Studio is the recommended IDE for Unity, you could use other IDEs of your choice but integration might vary)
- If you already have Visual Studio installed, you can configure it to support Unity development here.
See you there! 👋